All incoming freshmen receive this program with the following purpose:
- To provide, through an innovative and fun-filled program, an opportunity for high school students to learn about an emerging treatment and educational modality, in which they can make a difference in the world.
- To demonstrate through hands on experience, how family therapy pets give unconditional love and bring out the best in all of us.
- To serve as a PAT/Service-Learning model for other high schools.
- To illustrate how PAT can be integrated into a variety of educational disciplines, including health, social work, ethics, philosophy, environmental education, gerontology, counseling (among others).
- To be an additional motivator toward higher education.
- To instill a life-time regard for people and animals.
- To enhance attendance and behavior at school.
Feinstein High School studends have been priviledged through the years to know D.J., Maj-En, and Panda Girl, and to learn how the profession of PAT can build a friendlier, healthier, and more peaceful world.